Friday, August 22, 2008

Do something Drastic - Say no to Plastic


I know I have blogged on this before. But I really feel like this is one of the easiest ways we can be green. I have copied a post from a website that gives some facts about using canvas bags vs. plastic or paper at the grocery store. Decide this is what you are going to do and purchase some canvas bags and keep them in your car. I know you will forget the first few times. I've gone into the grocery store and got my cart and realized my bags were in the car...had to go back and get them. But you'll get in the habit of taking them. Just keep them handy in your car. Not in your pantry at home. :)



Paper or Plastic?

Use Canvas Instead!




Americans use 100 billion plastic shopping bags each year, requiring 12 million barrels of oil to make them. It takes one 15-year-old tree to produce 700 paper grocery bags. One supermarket can use all of them in under an hour!

Each high quality, reusable canvas bag in use has the potential to replace 1,000 plastic bags over its lifetime.


Reduce…Reuse…Recycle…Rebuy


It all comes back to you!


No comments: