Saturday, July 31, 2010

Libby

I know it has been five plus weeks since my last post.   When I returned home from Florida, we picked up Libby our Miniature Schnauzer.  She wasn’t acting herself and had lost weight and her eyes were runny.  I took her to the vet the next day thinking she had an eye infection.   Unfortunately, I was given the news that she had Lymphoma.  The prognosis was not good, but I did expect to have a couple more months with her.   She had perked up some and was eating good and seeming not to know she was sick.

But things changed in the last few days.  She started going downhill quickly and we had to do the best thing for our sweet Libby.

Libby came to live with us back in September 2004.  She was a rescue dog.   We never really knew how old she was and knew nothing of her background.     She is the first dog I ever really had that was mine.   Libby really took me by surprise as I never consider myself a “dog” person but she loved me and taught me so much about unconditional love.  She made herself right at home in our house and in our hearts.   Our time with her was shorter than we thought it would be.  But I’m so glad she was ours for that time.

DSC01784 

I’m sorry this is a sad post.  I know some of you already know thru Facebook about Libby.   I will get back into the blogging groove eventually.  I just wanted to let you know what has happened.

Thank you all for your support.

Joy

27 comments:

Karin said...

Oh no - so sorry you've lost your sweet dog. It hurts to lose a dear friend!

Deb said...

I'm sorry Joy...we lost our heeler a few months ago... then found out our schnauzer Nolan is diabetic...has to have shots 2 times aday...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Joy, I am so very very sorry.... I know this about broke your heart. When we lost our Duchess (after about 15 years), I cried for days....

So Sorry, my Friend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Susan said...

Such a precious puppy. I'm so sorry for you, and your entire family, Joy. I know it hurts :o(

Allison said...

I'm praying for you right now, Joy!

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh Joy, I am so sorry! To lose a beloved pet is devastating. Also for me, Libby was the "face" of JoyInTheBurbs for so long, before you got your own profile picture! I'll miss sweet Libby, even from here in Aus.

Rainsong said...

Sweet Libby, I am delighted that you found your Joy. You gave your gift of puppy love to her and the rest of your family and will ever find your way into conversation, into memories of laughter that brings fresh giggles and into dreams. You brought change to a "not a dog person" and have left her life brighter and better. There is a sharp ache where there was once a little Libby.... till you meet again. (Joy comes in the morning dear friend)

Brenda said...

Such a sweet face that little dog has. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, take your time coming back to us.

Betty W said...

I feel for you Joy! It´s only been a few months since we lost Lady and I know too well it´s not easy. I´m so sorry! I hope you get over your loss soon. I new dog helped me.

Linda said...

I am so sorry about your sweet Libby. I never considered myself a dog person either until we rescued our little dog Jake. Now I can't imagine my life without him. You'll be in my thoughts!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Send hugs....
xoxo jj

Diana Ferguson said...

So sorry!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

:( It's such a hard thing to do. We lost our 15 year old boxer, Soxe in 2006. At the time I didn't grieve for him because my dad had passed away the month before. It hit me 2 months later.

They are such a HUGE part of our families.

Julie said...

so sorry that she passed. HUGS to you and prayers. My dog growing up was that for me... showed me unconditional love and was just my best friend. I am sorry

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

I am sad for you!! Hugs...

NENSA MOON said...

hello Joy,
Stoppin here to say hello and read the post.
I feel so sorry for you... She's a precious puppy to you.
Hope you will find another one and let away the sadness..
take care

nensa

Mommy Mayhem said...

Oh Im so sorry! I cant imagine how it would feel to lose our dog Marley. I know one day we will but it will be very hard..

NENSA MOON said...

Hi Joy,
Come back again today for joining your site by google connect.
have a great Thursday!
hugs, nensa

The Farmer Files said...

I am so very, very sorry. Praying that you feel His peace that passes all understanding!

Unknown said...

Somehow I missed this sad news on Facebook. She is a cutie! Here's a tidbit that may interest you-just last week we recued a precious girl pup and have named her Delilah. I'm just getting ready to put up a blog post about her. I'll never know her history either. I'm so sorry for your loss. These pets can really put at the heart strings.

Tove said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. Its always sad to loose a pet, because they are like a familiymember.

Melody said...

Oh Joy, I'm so sorry! I hope that your family is feeling peace or son will. {{hugs}}

Home Remedies said...

That's a very bad & i hope you will get a such cute puppy one more!

Anonymous said...

So happy that you had such a wonderful relationship with her. Animals really do teach us about unconditonal love. I know she will be dearly missed by you. May memories of her comfort you.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you.
As a schnauzer owner, I know how these little dogs get into your skin and soul.
How lucky she was to have such a caring family.

Pamela said...

Sorry to hear abt Libby Joy! Many hugs!

Chel said...

No wonder Tanner stole your hearts! I would not be whole without my Bogey.
Chel