Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Blogger Deficient

I entered the blogger world in June 2008. Before that I really had no idea this world existed. After viewing a friends blog http://www.weight-inggame.blogspot.com/, I jump into blogging. I decided on a name for my blog, chose a template and followed the directions to put me on the blogger map.

I discovered this website http://www.blogaroundtheworld2.blogspot.com/

...
Now I'm reading other blogs from all over the world. Usually Moms with similar interest to mine. I'm amazed at the clever, fun-loving women who are inspiring, informative and have terrific writing abilities. You make me laugh and cry.

But I have to admit...I have "blogger envy". I see such cute templates, colorful backgrounds, great artwork and headers that make me go WOW!
I really have no idea how to do all that stuff. I have so much to learn. I have a question????? How did you all learn to do these things? I'm just figuring out what a Html is. Trust me, prior to June 2008, those 4 letters meant absolutely nothing to me. Who knew those 4 letters would control my blogging life.

For instance, I saw a link to create a signature. (http://www.mylivesignature.com/) I did it, but I can't figure out how to make it not be in a box.

There are things I want to know, and maybe I'll figure them out eventually. But all you bloggers out there - you so impress me. I wish I could sit down beside you at a computer and let you show me all those wondrous things.
Please leave me comments, give me guidance, instruction...help me...I need it. I'm all ears or I guess I should say... html's.

6 comments:

Tamie said...

lots of questions! wow! most of this stuff you kind of learn over time but i can tell you how to get your picture on your header the way that you want. you have to do it yourself. you open you picture that you want to use in your header in "paint" on your computer (you get that by right clicking over your picture) and then create a text box where you want it and type away...you'll have to play around with it. (i know that there are other programs out there that you can use to do the same thing...but i'm not that fancy and you have to buy those puppies, and this is on my computer already)
also you can go to different websites to find different background templates instead of just the ones that blogger has. the one i use is cutestblogontheblock.com --they tell you exatcly what you need to do to put a background on.
well...anyways just dropped by to thank you for stopping by my place yesterday, it was great to see you!
good luck with figuring it all out! ;-)

lynn said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping by from BATW on Tuesday! Thanks for the nice comments.

It took me a while before I was able to change the look of my blog too. I got my blog template from leeloublogs.blogstpot.com There are quite a few free ones with instructions on how to install the html. All she asks is that you but her sidebar button on your blog. I've created signatures too but I always forget to put them on!

Good luck with it all.

Tamie said...

good job on your header! yes, i think i forgot to tell you that once you click out of the text box, you're done...i've had that same problem many times...glad that i could help!

Valarie Lea said...

Do what Lynnsaid and go to leeloublogs.blogspot.com She has some really cool designs that are free. My design I paid for. You can click on the button graphically designing and it will take you to Darcy's design site.

This link is also very helpful
http://www.splitdecisionz.com/
she has really good tips on the whole bloggy thing.

Other than that it has been alot of trail and error. :)

Tracy P. said...

Well, I see you've already gotten some excellent help. I, too, was going to recommend thecutestblogontheblock.com, and also splitdecisionz.com.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're the first other person I've seen mention Moms In Touch--yea for you! I'll be posting about that soon. LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

Like you when I started blogging I had no idea what I was doing, but with just sitting down and playing with it I figured it out. Your blog looks great and I love your signature. I got my blog design from www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com they have lots of cute layouts for FREE.