Monday, January 4, 2010

Celebrate What's Right in the World

It's my birthday!

Yes, today the 4th of January. Let's just say there are a lot of fours happening for me today age wise. I joked with a friend I may have to buy a lottery ticket. We had a wonderful trip to Florida for Christmas. Drove this time. That will go down in the Brasington Family History Book cause it probably won't happen again....or so says Buster. I met a blogger friend. So fun. I'll get pictures posted soon.


This video link was e-mailed to me by my dear friend Linda. I almost skipped over it. I'm so glad I did not. I usually try and keep my post brief and to the point, but this is a 20 minute video. If you don't have time to watch it now, please come back and view it when you can. You will not be disappointed. It gave me a great perspective as I begin this new year.



Celebrate what's right with the world - Dewitt Jones @ Yahoo! Video

It seems they have removed this video from the internet. Sorry about that. It's too bad because it really was a nice piece to watch.


One of the phrase that really struck me was "Be the best FOR the world not IN the world."

I pray you make the best of this new year. I plan to.

15 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

WOW!
Can you imagine scrapping rock to make the dye for your yarn??!!

Thanks for sharing this...it was beautiful.

ps...I'm gonna make that skirt for my table!

Susan said...

Happy, HAPPY, birthday, Joy.
Susan

Tracy P. said...

I will come back after MIT and watch it. Have a wonderful birthday!!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope it is wonderful! :)

Deb said...

Joy...happy New Year...will stop by later to watch video...Happy Birthday....

Cicero Sings said...

Hi Joy,

Happy Birthday! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Hope you are totally spoiled.

Really enjoyed the video ... may just put it up on my own blog. Really, it is what scripture teaches but from a secular view.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day.

Mrs.Oz said...

A big happy birthday Joy!
I'll come back later to watch the video for sure.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Birthday, Joy... I hope you have many many more to come!!!! What was wrong with driving to Florida??? We drive everywhere --and stop along the way to see the sights along the way.

Glad you met a Blogger Friend. Can't wait to see pictures....

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Happy New Year and Happy BIRTHDAY.
Love,
Betsy

The Farmer Files said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! So crazy...I hear you about driving, and we did not even go that far. We only went to Vegas, a 5h drive on the way there, and 10h on the way home...aaahh potty training and nursing!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the photos of your meet up with the bloggy friend. It will be so neat seeing familiar sights on YOUR blog!

Unknown said...

I meant to say Hapy Birthday yesterdy and I got sidetracked. I'm glad you had a great vacation. Ask Paige to email me about her take on GWTW. I'd be interested in hearing her perspective - forty years after my first experience with the book. Kids nowadays think differently. Scary, huh?

Caroline said...

Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was good one!

Caroline

Joyfulsister said...

Happy Birthday Joy!!
(((Hugz))) Yay we both are January Babes lol. Mine is on Jan 10. I hit the big 50, funy thing is I don't feel 50, well maybe the body does lol.

Can you email me your address if it's okay!!
joyfulsister60@msn.com

Hugz Lorie

Jason said...

You have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which I hope will provide inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough. I'd like us to exchange links to help spread some traffic around, and let other people know about our sites.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com