Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Aprons

Do you wear an apron when you are in the kitchen?

If you read around the blog world or check your local stores, you will see that aprons are definitely making a comeback.  They are cuter than ever and as much of a fashion statement as they are useful.

I wear one everyday when I’m cooking.   Here is my collection hanging in the laundry room.   I made the blue one on the left and won the cute one that has the pink pocket and polka dots.  The others I purchased. 

DSC02092

Here is a close up of the adorable apron that Yoli made.   I won it from a blog contest she had a while back.  She is an awesome seamstress and so creative.   Check out her Etsy shop and sidebar for her creations.

DSC02074

No signs of Fall here in my part of the world except for the fact the temperature is 89 F today.    Anything below 90 degrees F may have to qualify as Fall.

Tanner Update:

The new little four legged furry man in my life is doing just fine.  He has me wrapped around his little paw already.  It is fun learning his personality.  He loves to move items he finds on the floor around the house.  So if he can fit it in his mouth and you leave it on the floor,  it most certainly won’t be there when you check next time.   (including my bloomers that I have found next to the backdoor hehe) He doesn’t chew on things, just moves them.

Here’s another close up of his adorable face.

DSC02090

I had a dog trainer come over and do a consultation on Saturday.  Of course, Tanner does what he is suppose to when the trainer is here, but with me…..not so much.    Surely this little 12 pound ball of cuteness and fur won’t be the pack leader in our house...   

♥ Joy

19 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Tanner really is a cutie pie!

I wear an apron sometimes, especially when baking (flour) or frying (fat spitzing).

Anonymous said...

I love aprons but rarely wear them. Love hubby in his - that means he's hitting the BBQ. Tanner is just the cutest!!

erin said...

It's kind of funny that you would mention this now. On Monday, I cooked for our Lady's Bible Study at church. I ended up arriving at the church with my apron still on! I also leave one in my truck so if I need to run through a drive thru, I can slip that over my head to keep from staining my clothes while driving. My mom made 4 of my 5 aprons. Those are the ones I always wear, and I know I will cherish for many years.

Deb said...

he is a schnauzer...they love to be pack leaders...lol...love aprons...

Diana Ferguson said...

Yes...love aprons!!

Berni said...

I always wear an apron. My grandmother used to tell me that it would be easier to wash and iron my apron than my dress and I hate ironing so the habit is ingrained

Melody said...

He is so cute!!

I ♥ your aprons! I always wear an apron too, but mine are just plain-janes. The new styles are just so cute I might have to sew one up one of these days! :)

Unknown said...

Tanner needs a matching doggie apron - or a bandana at the very least!

Susan said...

I don't wear an apron but have recently decided I would like to have one. I'm glad they are making a come back.

Kristi said...

Hi, Kristi here from Thimble Thoughts. What a cute pup you have!!! Love the aprons. I've found myself using them more and more these days. :D

~Kristi

NENSA MOON said...

Hi Joy,
Truthfully I never use apron when Im in the kitchen... but your sweet apron in the pics above perhaps will change my mind...

And your Tanner is so adorable!!
Hope you have a wonderful day, my sweet friend!
hugs,
nensa

Joanna Jenkins said...

Yep, I wear an apron every day too-- but mine aren't as stylish as yours. I'll have to check out Etsy and see what I can find to "clean up" my act ;-)

Glad Tanner is doing well. He looks like such a sweetheart.

Have a great weekend, jj

Tracy P. said...

No aprons here. I should really get on board though. Too many little splatters on my clothes. And so cute!

Glad Tanner is so good for you. Love his color!

It's sweatshirt and jeans weather here, and I was just a couple hours up north where the leaves are gorgeous. Another week or two here and they'll be at peak. Truly, there just isn't anything more beautiful.

Pamela said...

They have some super cute aprons at Homegoods and Tuesday Morning Joy. You should go check um out! They are like only $10!! Love the new member of the family. He is just super adorable!

Avalyn said...

I love cute aprons! I have a full-sized one and a half-apron that I bought, but I also made my mom a Christmas apron from a vintage apron pattern. It was really easy! Everyone loves aprons and you can never have too many!

http://craftersindisguise.blogspot.com/

Apron Senorita said...

You're so sweet for posting about the apron. Thank you so much. BUT, I have to say that Tanner got my attention. He is ADORABLE!!!! I have also have a mini schnauzer. His name is Pepper Dog.

Have a great week!
Yoli :)

Gombojav Tribe said...

I love aprons, too! It's my superhero uniform. :-)

Michelle said...

Oh I love aprons... but I rarely wear them thanks to the misery I had with them growing up. Interestingly, the wee ones LOVE wearing theirs. I suppose I should wear my (matching) one more often.

Sarah said...

I love how colorful your aprons are :) I have a white one that my boyfriend bought me, and now I feel inspired to add some color to it.

BTW, Tanner looks so adorable!