Monday, November 24, 2008

Brace Yourself


On Wednesday morning Paige had her braces put on. She chose a colorful ensemble of brackets to get her thru this heavy metal time of life. After 5 days I finally got a little smile from her and took her picture.
To lessen the pain her orthodontists gives the kids a brand new IPod Nano the day they get their braces. That was the highlight of the experience. So she came home with a new IPod, I reminded her that Dr. Mardaga didn't exactly "give" her that IPod. Daddy and Mommy paid for that little sucker.
It was a rough few days for her as she got use to them. She also has an expander across the roof of her mouth. I have the privilege of turning it once a day for six weeks.
In 24-30 months we shall see the results of all this pain and suffering.



5 comments:

Betty said...

That must be hard. Nothing is harder for me, than seeing my child suffering, even if it is for his good....

Allison said...

Holy moly! An ipod? All my ortho ever gave me was a toothbrush :(

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Ahhh...the pain of braces. I remember it well! Both of my kids wore braces too for several years. They really do hurt, and cut up your mouth, at least they did in the 60's when I wore them. The ipod should help through this what seems to be a new rite of passage these days.

HOPE said...

I can't get over how much we have in common....

been here with my daughter and done that! the turny thingy! ;)

HOPE

Ridd Rants & Raves said...

Wow - don't tell Mitch about the ipod deal! He's on the down-time (hopefully finished this summer) with the same dr's...turning the expander is for the birds, isn't it? We had Parker lay upside-down on the bed so I could turn it!