Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Blessings


This is an Easter picture of Paige and Leah from 2002. They won't wear smocked dresses and frilly socks anymore. boohoo

As they got a little older I didn't want Paige and Leah to think Easter was all about new dresses and shoes. I wanted them to understand that we celebrate Easter because Jesus conquered the grave. After His death on the cross and His burial, He rose from the dead. This is what Easter is about.
Isaiah 50:6 Jesus speaking thru Isaiah the Prophet says:
I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheek to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

Isaiah 53:11 (NLT):
When He sees all that is accomplished by His anguish, He will be satisfied. And because of what He has experienced, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for He will bear all their sins.
Mark 16:6
"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.
Have a Blessed Easter!
Love,

12 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

Love this. I would love to just put my boys in some nice golf shirts on Sunday...but SIGH....living in SD I am going to get some family guilt. It's all about Jesus, isn't it?

HOPE said...

AMEN..Joy! This is truly what Easter is all about.

A wonderful day of rejoicing in knowing because of His resurrection and like noneother...HE IS RISEN! and we are secure in HIS promises.

I hope your Easter is special and blessed in many ways.

HOPE

Rita Loca said...

He has risen indeed!

Alicia said...

Cute picture. It's funny, my middle daughter will only wear her Easter dress and she wants to wear it in the winter too! Ahhh.
Enjoy your celebrating!

Berni said...

Lovely children and sweet picture.

Tricia said...

Yes, it is all about Jesus and the fact that He has risen.

I hope you have a great Easter!

Julie said...

I remember Easter being about getting a new dress and shoes as a little girl and going out to brunch with my family. And it is about so much more... you are right!!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

AMEN! I always taught my girls that it was about Jesus!!! The dress, baskets came last.

I love smoked dresses!!

Tracy P. said...

Good stuff, Joy! I'm sure those girls know what Easter is all about--you're a great mom!

Happy Easter!

Michele said...

Beautiful post. I put jenna in a smocked dress this year thinking it would be my last. I just hate it.

Alice said...

Thank you Lord!

C. JoyBell C. said...

I was just explaining to my son all about the true meaning of Easter, yesterday. :) Thank you for this post. :)

And I love the picture of your two pretty little girls. I must say though...I will still love to wear frilly dresses for all my life!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!