Monday, April 6, 2009

An Ozark Getaway


Fourteen years ago these two amazing friends entered my life. Tina and Diane. We met when we all lived in Salt Lake City, Utah. (All transplants to the area due to husband's careers or attending the University there.) Diane and her husband as well Buster and I went on to leave SLC, but Tina and her family are still there. We have always kept up with each other. About a month ago we arranged to meet in north Arkansas (where Diane now lives) and drive to Branson, Missouri to spend a girl's weekend together. I have never been to the Ozarks or Branson so it was a treat for me to see the beautiful rolling hills and some of the trees in bloom. The weather was beautiful.



This is the view out of hotel room window. It's kind of blurred because of the glass. sorry



We did a lot of shopping and found some great bargains at the outlet malls. If you plan to go to Branson...e-mail me. I'll tell you about a store that has incredible savings. I still can't believe the deals I got in that store. Women's clothing that retailed for $165.00-$350.00 you could purchase for $10.00 each. The retail tags are still on them. I promise. It's true! It's worth the trip there just for that one store.

See I told you. I just want to wear them with the tags on so I can show people how much $$$$ I saved. I would never pay those prices for clothes. Anyway, back to the trip.
We also went to the Titanic Museum. We spent nearly three hours going thru this amazing museum. It is a must - see if you go to Branson.



After lots of talking, shopping, talking, eating, talking, touring, talking, relaxing, talking....our time together came to an end and I had to pack up and get back to Texas.


It was a great weekend. Thanks Diane and Tina...LYLAS.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Arkansas? I just moved from the Fayetteville/Rogers area. It was awesome being so close to Branson. I miss home now!!!!!!

Brenda said...

What great friends AND bargains. For those kind of prices I'd drive from AZ!
Seriously, that's neat that you got to have a little get-away like that.

Betty said...

I love those kind of weekends with "the girls" !! They are the best. I´m glad you had a good time and you sure did save big bucks!!

Melody said...

Congratulations on your savings! Wahoo!

It looks like you had a wonderful time. Good for you, you deserve it!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

GOOD TIMES!!! I love Branson!!

Cicero Sings said...

Oh what fun! ... to get away with two old friends. I don't think I'll ever make it to Branson so you'll have to go back again sometime and enjoy it for me ... especially those bargains. What a deal.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..how fun...friends and shopping~
perfect combination!
sandy toe

Tricia said...

sounds like a lot of fun!

The Farmer Files said...

I have a Tina and a Diane in my life. We all met 8 or 9 years ago and live across the country from one another. I hope we get a weekend like your Branson weekend!

Ronnica said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Though I grew up in Wichita, I never have been to Branson.

BTW, the story is up. Thanks for your input!

http://ignoranthistorian.com/2009/04/frankenstein-and-rock-n-roll/

Alicia said...

I had no idea there was a Titanic Museum. That sounds like a lot of fun! Oh, and everything else sound great too. I'll have to do one of those someday.:)

alice said...

I love bargain hunting. Some day when my kids are a little older I hope to do a similar get away. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Julie said...

I love times with great friends... I always look forward to going back to the States and seeing my friends and spending time with them! Looks like you got great deals too! I love that as well...they don't believe in good deals in europe, I am convinced of it! ANNOYING!

I got your package and blogged about it today! Thanks soooo much, and peanut butter... wow, YOU ROCK!!!

Michele said...

Looks like such a great time! Sorry I'm so behind on your blog. I barely have time to keep mine up and don't do a very good job of that!

C. JoyBell C. said...

I always love to read about a great girls' night (or day) out! :) And thank you for all the lovely pictures, I loved the picture of the view from the hotel... :)

Anonymous said...

Joy,
Thanks for writing about our fun weekend - I feel so honored that ranked a space in your blog!! It was a wonderful weekend and long overdue. I am so thankful to have you and Diane in my life - friends like you are a true blessing!

Much Love,
T.