I've checked out several books from the library (reading the frugal way - no buying - just borrowing).
These are the books I've checked out and mostly read/skimmed/glanced over....
Living Rich for Less by Ellie Kay
Frugal Luxuries by Tracy McBride
The Frugal Woman's Guide to a Rich Life. Edited by Stacia Ragolia
The one I found the most helpful is The Frugal Woman's Guide to a Rich Life.
I read this idea and have used it now for a couple of weeks. It works. So I'm sharing it with you...
* Purchase a small bottle of generic liquid fabric softener.
* Put one cup of the softener in a container
with one cup of water.
* Place the lid back on and give it a little shake.
* Cut a 4x6" sponge into four squares.
* Soak the sponge(s) in the mixture.
* Throw an unsqueezed sponge in the dryer
with your clothes.
* Placed the dried sponge back in the mixture.
I realize this is such inspiring photography. Sponges floating in fabric softener sitting on top of my dryer. Sorry, I just like having a picture with my post. Breaks up all those words. [and for the visual learners among us....I need pictures. :)]I know I've posted about fabric softener before, but I read this and like this idea so much better than the vinegar one.
Check out my other Blurbs:
How to save on your electric bill:
Blurb from the Burbs III
How to save on lunch meat:
Blurb from the Burbs II
If you have a frugal idea, let me know. I'd love to read it.