Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Reading


We took our first summer trip to the library this past week to pick up some summer reading material. Paige came to the check out counter with none other than Gone With the Wind. I have to admit that I've never read this book. I've seen the movie a couple of times. I'll keep you posted on her progress. There are over 1000 pages in this book. She's on page 90 now. She has lots of questions about what is going on in this book and wants to read me "scenes". Can you guess what the reading level of this book is???
I was thinking about 11th grade. Paige thought it was around 10th grade. Well I looked it up and it is 7.1. Can you believe it?? I think that it should be higher than that. But since that's the case I guess she's right on the reading level.
We'll rent the movie when she's finished.
We also rented the A&E Biography on Condoleezza Rice. What an amazing woman. Check it out from your library if you get a chance. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: