I have seen this blog survey on different blogs and most recently at Betty's. I decided to answer the questions about my firstborn. Here goes:
1. Were you married at the time? Yes
2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant?
I was really nervous. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy.
3. How old were you? 29
4. How did you first find out you were pregnant? I took a home pregnancy test.
5. Who did you tell first? My husband (over the phone- He was out of town)
6. Did you find out the sex? Yes, I couldn't wait.
7. What was your due date? November 2, 1995
8. Did you deliver late or early? Believe it or not I went labor on my
due date and had her on my due date.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Just a little, but not bad at all.
10. What did you crave? Pringles Potato Chips ( still do :) )
11. Who/what irritated you more? No one really irritated me that I can remember.
But I'm not a big water drinker so having to try and drink lots of water was irritating.
12. What was the sex of your first child? Female
13. How many pounds did you gain? I think around 35
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? A few times I went
to the hospital because I was having contractions or Braxton Hicks (sp).
We figured out it was because I was dehydrated and not drinking enough water. See #11
15. Where did you give birth? When I was 7 mons. along my husband was transferred from Utah to California. So I went back to Tampa and stayed with my parents while Buster found a house and moved our stuff to CA. So I ended up at Women's Hospital, Tampa, FL.
16. How many hours were you in labor? 13 hours
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Husband aka Buster
18. Who watched? My Mom. Buster wasn't up to it.
Oh, and since it was a teaching hospital I think about 14 student nurses and doctors. Who knows. I lost count.
19. Was it natural or C-section? After pushing for 2 hours with not much
success. I had a c-section.
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? YES. I arrived at the hospital already dilated to a 7. I was in a lot of pain. They did an epidural pretty quick and boy it changed my world for the better.
21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 9 oz
22. What did you name him/her? Paige Victoria
23. How old is your firstborn today? 13
This is a picture taken at my grandparents house when Paige was about 7 weeks old. Please excuse the big glasses on the parents. Yikes.
Copy these questions and do a little reminicising about your firstborn child. I'd love to read it.