Monday, December 15, 2008

S is for Shepherd

My friend Liza shared with me about a local writer/artist who lives in our community.

She has written two children's books. I read them both and they are precious. Wanted to let you know about them. One is an alphabet book entitled S is for Shepherd. Here is a sample of the first page.

The book is hardback and each page has a scripture verse that corresponds with the letter. Her artistic style is similar to European folk art. I purchased the S is for Shepherd for my niece and nephews for Christmas (sssshhhh don't tell them).

Tricia's newest book is about manners and incorporates counting too. It is Be Kind Be Sweet.





These books would make great baby shower gifts or gifts for preschooler/younger elementary aged children.
Here's Tricia's website if you want to see more:


Merry Christmas








3 comments:

Julie said...

those are so sweet, thanks for sharing, great ideas for gifts...

HOPE said...

Thank Joy...I am always looking for recommended books..and I love European folk art.

God bless..
HOPE

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey! I LOVE that kind of European-esque folk art-ish art! :) ...that just sounded funny...

anyway, I like that art. I'll try to find those here! :)

So...all you know about the Philippines is Imelda Marcos and her 3000 shoes? Well, hopefully now you know more. :) I think Imelda Marcos is worth just as much as Bill Gates, or more. :)

I've met her in person once. :) She was having breakfast at Pancake House. LOL

Thank you for dropping by and for commenting on my BATW day article! :)

kittens n kisses,
C